Being Stable in The Storm
1 Kings 18:15-21- World Illustration
- 15 And Elijah said, As the LORD of hosts lives, before whom I stand, I will surely shew myself unto him to day.
- 16 So Obadiah went to meet Ahab, and told him: and Ahab went to meet Elijah.
- 17 And it came to pass, when Ahab saw Elijah, that Ahab said unto him, Art thou he that troubles Israel?
- 18 And he answered, I have not troubled Israel; but thou, and thy father’s house, in that ye have forsaken the commandments of the LORD, and thou hast followed Baalim.
- 19 Now therefore send, and gather to me all Israel unto mount Carmel, and the prophets of Baal four hundred and fifty, and the prophets of the groves four hundred, which eat at Jezebel’s table.
- 20 So Ahab sent unto all the children of Israel, and gathered the prophets together unto mount Carmel.
- 21 And Elijah came unto all the people, and said, How long halt ye between two opinions ? if the LORD be God, follow him: but if Baal, then follow him. And the people answered him not a word. KJV
James 1:2-8- Facing The Storm
- 2 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;
- 3 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.
- 4 But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.
- 5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
- 6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
- 7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.
- 8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways. KJV
Luke 11:24-28- What condition are you in!
- “When an unclean spirit goes out of a man, he goes through dry places, seeking rest; and finding none, he says, ‘I will return to my house from which I came.’
- 25 And when he comes, he finds it swept and put in order.
- 26 Then he goes and takes with him seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter and dwell there; and the last state of that man is worse than Keeping the Word (woman speaks prophetically)the first.”
- 27 and it happened, as He spoke these things, that a certain woman from the crowd raised her voice and said to Him, “Blessed is the womb that bore You, and the breasts which nursed You!”
- 28 But He said, “More than that, blessed are those who hear the word of God and keep it!” NKJV
- Proverbs 25:28 – Whoever has no rule over his own spirit Is like a city broken down, without walls.
Matt 12:25-37- Being responsible for Actions!
- 25 And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, every kingdom divided against it is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against it shall not stand:
- 26 And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?
- 27 And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your children cast them out? Therefore they shall be your judges.
- 28 But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.
- 29 Or else how can one enter into a strong man’s house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house.
- 30 He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.
- 31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
- 32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.
- 33 Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit.
- 34 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
- 35 A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.
- 36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
- 37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned. KJV
John 15:1-17- Word bears fruit!
- 15:1 “I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener.
- 2 He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful.
- 3 You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you.
- 4 Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.
- 5 “I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.
- 6 If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned.
- 7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you.
- 8 This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.
Luke 8:11-18- The sower the word!
- 11 “This is the meaning of the parable: The seed is the word of God.
- 12 Those along the path are the ones who hear, and then the devil comes and takes away the word from their hearts, so that they may not believe and be saved.
- 13 Those on the rock are the ones who receive the word with joy when they hear it, but they have no root. They believe for a while, but in the time of testing they fall away.
- 14 The seed that fell among thorns stands for those who hear, but as they go on their way they are choked by life’s worries, riches and pleasures, and they do not mature.
- 15 But the seed on good soil stands for those with a noble and good heart, who hear the word , retain it, and by persevering produce a crop. NKJV